Irish Soda Bread
Step one - Place the raisins in a pot. Add enough water to just cover raisins.
Bring to a boil and let stand for 3 minutes. Drain.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Farmland Fresh Dairies buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons melter butter
- 2 large Farmland Fresh Dairies eggs, slightly beaten
Step two - Sift all dry ingredients, add caraway seeds and raisins. Add slightly
beaten eggs, melted butter and buttermilk.
Step three - Mix by hand to point that all dry ingredients are moistened.
Step four - Bake in a well greased round pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes.
Serve with butter.
Total time - 80 minutes
Yield - 8 to 10 servings