Brown Butter Skillet Cornbread
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 1/4 cups Farmland Fresh Dairies buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal, medium coarse grind
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Step Two - Pour brown butter into a large bowl. Do not wipe the pan. Whisk the maple syrup into the butter, then whisk in the buttermilk. The mixture should be cool to the touch; if not, let cool before whisking in the eggs. Then whisk in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until just combined.
Step Three - If the skillet is no longer hot, reheat it briefly on the stove. Scrape batter back into pan. Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle emerges clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in the skillet for 10 minutes before slicing.
Total time - one hour.
Yield - 12 servings.