JoGourmet's Pumpkin Pie
Step One - Preheat oven to 425 F.
- 1 Unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- 15 oz. can solid-pack pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies whole milk
- 2 Farmland Fresh Dairies large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Accompaniment: Farmland Fresh Dairies REAL Whipped Light Cream
Step Two - Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, spices, and salt; then pour into shell.
Step Three - Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F, bake for 30-40 minutes, or until filling is set but center still trembles slightly.
Step Four - Transfer to rack and cool completely.
Active Preparation time - 45 minutes
Total Time - 3 hours
Yield - 8 servings