Crispy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Step One - Preheat oven to 500 degrees Faranheit
- 4 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders; about 18 pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Italian -style seasoned bread crumbs
Step Two - Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over each of 2 heavy large lined baking sheets.
Place the buttermik in a large bowl. Add the chicken tenders and stir to coat.
Let stand for 30 minutes.
Step Three - Meanwhile, mash the garlic with the salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in
the vinegar and then the remaining 1/2 cup of oil. Season the vinaigrette to taste
with salt and pepper. Transfer the vinaigrette to a small serving bowl.
Step Four -Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a pie dish. Remove the chicken tenders from
the buttermilk and dredge them in the bread crumb mixture to coat completely, pressing to
adhere. Arrange the coated chicken tenders on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly.
Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over the chicken tenders and bake until they are
cooked through and golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
Step Five - Transfer the chicken tenders to a platter and serve the vinaigrette alongside for
dipping or drizzling.
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 12-15 minutes
Yield - Serves 6