Overnight Cranberry Eggnog Coffee Cake
Ingredients for Streusel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Farmland Fresh Dairies large eggs
- 1 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies Premium Eggnog
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Ingredients for Glaze
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Step One - In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until blended. Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, whisk eggnog, sour cream, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, orange zest, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with eggnog mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries.
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon Farmland Fresh Dairies Premium Eggnog
Step Two - Transfer to a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
Step Three - For streusel, in a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon until blended. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over batter. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours or overnight.
Step Four - Preheat oven to oven to 350 F. Remove pan from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 20 minutes.
Step Five - For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and eggnog until smooth; drizzle over cake. Serve warm.
Preparation time - 25 minutes plus chilling time. Baking time - 35 minutes plus cooling time.
Serves - 15 servings.