Step one - With a sharp knife scrape off corn kernels from cobs. Be sure to catch any milky liquid while you do this.
- 3 ears fresh corn, shucked.
- 6 cups Farmland Fresh Dairies Organic 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked spanish paprika
Step two - Place kernels, cobs, and milky liquid in a saucepan or skillet large enough to hold them in a single layer.
Add milk and salt. Cover and bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook at a bare simmer for 45 minutes. Then let sit for
one hour before proceeding.
Step three - Remove corn cobs, and put milk and corn mixture in a blender and puree until corn is broken up but still
maintains a bit of texture. Adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Step four - Just before serving, garnish with paprika and cilantro. Serve warm or cold.
Total time to prepare - 1 1/2 hours
Yield - 6 servings